Sunday, January 15, 2012

Resolutions...

As a rule I don’t make New Year’s Resolutions. But if I did the list would look something like this (not necessarily in this order):

Resolution #1: To be a better mom.
Resolution #2: To be a better teacher.
Resolution #3: To learn Swahili, even if it kills me.
Resolution #4: To be a better listener.
Resolution #5: To take time for myself.
Resolution #6: To stop getting in my own way.
Resolution #7: To pray more.
Resolution #8: To be more loving.
Resolution #9: To focus on what’s important and let go of what is not.
Resolution #10: To make time for exercise, even when I don’t want to.
Resolution #11: To control my temper.
Resolution #12: To do a better job and staying in touch with friends.

What are your resolutions? Have you ever looked back at the end of the year and been able to check any off your list? That’s my goal this year…to check one or many off the list. I want this year to be one I can look back and be proud of. It may be the most challenging year of my life to date, but that doesn’t mean I can’t strive to be the best person I can be while meeting the challenges ahead. Keep reading the blog, at the end of 2012 we can look back together and you can help me decide if they’re any check marks to be made. Until then – happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment