Friday, October 7, 2011

Goat Jam Two

For every driver in every traffic jam there is a different manner of evasion, some take short cuts, others listen to music or audio books to distract his/her bored mind, some shout insults at the other drivers; even in a goat jam…it’s no different. Njenga whistles and hollers. Elijah beeps his horn, which sounds much like a foghorn, and says sssszzzz.

I didn’t get the giggles…Elijah is not quite as comical as Njenga. There were also not as many livestock road hazards, although this time we did have to avoid a few monkeys that decided to cross the road just in front of us!

I had packed in a hurry before leaving and had forgotten to put toilet paper in with the groceries and school materials that were already secured to the back of Elijah’s motorcycle. I don’t have pockets in my fleece so Elijah put a roll of TP, which was concealed in a black plastic bag; in his pocket and off we headed to Ilkiloret.

We arrived, greeted Rebecca and Eliza, and off loaded the grocery bag. I paid Elijah and he drove away. Not until I was changing from my traveling jeans into my teaching skirt did I realize that Elijah had left with my TP.

A few minutes later we heard the sound of a motorcycle and like the cavalry, Elijah returned and handed me my carefully concealed TP. I can't say for sure whether he looked in the plastic bag to see if it was worth returning or not, but something tells me from the sheepish grin on his face that he had.

No comments:

Post a Comment