Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lack of art is a sin!

I speak gospel truth when I say life without art is a sin. My mother’s side of the family paint and draw and write. My father’s side of the family are crafters and tinkerers. Creative juice runs through my veins.

White/plain walls are evil incarnate! Unfortunately, I cannot carry my art collection with me to Kenya…and my current financial situation vastly limits my ability to acquire any local art…so I’ve had to resort to what I call graffiti art. It’s cheap; all it requires is large sheets of paper, markers, stencils, double sided tape, and a bit of creativity. Omondi has embraced this new art form will gusto. Judie has so much as lifted a marker, but I hope as our walls fill she will want to leave her mark too.

Here’s what we’ve done so far:






Any art ideas for what we should do next would be greatly appreciated!

Esau, Judie's friend from school is a budding young artist. The painting of the Maasai warriors is one of his pieces. If you're interested in getting an original of your own I can arrange it.




Thanks for patronizing the arts!

No comments:

Post a Comment