Saturday, February 13, 2010

Blue toes and paper stars...

I woke up to find that two of the toes on my right foot were blue. Now when I sprained my ankle I don't remember my toes being involved... but maybe they just felt left out because the rest of my foot is so colorful?

I wore the bandage this morning but took it off to get a pedicure, so my multicolored foot is exposed for all to see... my pants are really long so you actually can't see much and I put the bandage back on but I might mess up the pedicure... oh predicaments...

I arrived in Nairobi yesterday from Uganda. It was not a bad ride except for the 2 1/2 hour traffic jam in Nairobi. We come in to town on one side of the city called Westlands and the bus station is on the other side. I could have gotten off in Westlands, but I didn't have my A to Z road atlas of Nairobi with me and I didn't know I was actually pretty close to where I stay.

I carried 400+ paper stars with me from Uganda that were made by members of the Maari group for the GUW fundraiser in April. Mary said they were just three small bags... hmmm... when all was said in done there were six not so small bags. So I bought a carrying bag that zipped and insisted on carrying them on the bus.

I wrote Mary a request in my best Kenyan English to buy another suitcase so I could get them home unspoiled, but I think I've managed to pack them in the luggage I have. But I will have to leave a lot of my stuff here. I figure that's a good excuse to come back sooner rather than later!

I've spent most of the day at the mall... I know... not my natural habitat. But I had a ride here in the morning and I needed to change money and do email, and it would cost more to take a taxi home and then another taxi to Glenda's, so I became a mall rat for a good 4+ hours. YIKES! I hope I'm not damaged beyond repair!

Am now waiting for my friend Dennis to arrive and then we will got visit my friend Glenda (Buddha's auntie).
Tomorrow I'm going to church with Ken. We are going to a church where my friend Gerald is the pastor. His new wife Pelagie is from Rwanda. She is stunning and one of the nicest people you will ever meet. We will have lunch with them after church.

I like these kick back and have fun days... now if I could only get my toes to be their normal color!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment