Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Five minutes later...

Five minutes after I posted my last entry about Uganda, I walked out of the cyber into the dark street and stepped of the curb and sprained my ankle. It's not as bad a sprain as I had in Mobasa a few years ago... but it will definitely slow me down!

I failed to mention the state of the streets and sidewalks in Tororo or that fact that there are few street lights. The concrete (if there is infact concrete sidewalks) is often cracked and/or full of holes. The streets are not much better. In the dark it is treacherous to say the least. I was going to take out my flashlight but we were only walking across the street...

Dr. E gave me some stinky gel and wrapped my ankle and told me to stay off it as much as possible. Then Beckal, my translator and Lawi (with GUW) and I went to breakfast and then did two interviews in the slums and now I'm doing email. Will grab a snack and then go back to my room to put my foot up for a bit before going to see the Nyio Ber houses that I haven't seen since they were constructed.

Pray for me as I leave the cyber - you never know what can happen in 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. I admire your life. It's amazing in that you really don't know what will happen in the next 5... Most other people live safe, secure, and predictable lives that comfort them into zombie-like apathy.

    ReplyDelete