Friday, February 5, 2010

Judie to School

I took Judie to Ruiga Girls Secondary School on Tuesday morning Feb. 2.

Justin, our cab driver was a 1/2 hour late. Which actually turned out to be good because the school hadn't set up for admission when we arrived. It was 45 minutes after they said you could start arriving!

We checked in, she got her uniform, things were going smoothly until they asked for the receipt from the bank - oops! I had forgotten that in Nairobi. It took me many minutes to convince them that they could call the bank and confirm the money was there and also that I would send the receipt when I got back to Nairobi!

Then we said hello to the headmistress who was arriving at school as we had finished the admissions process. We proceeded to sit in the taxi and eat some clandestine food. (Bananas and simsim and something that is like peanut brittle.) Outside food is not allowed at school. But I didn't know when they would feed my baby that day and I was going to make sure I didn't leave her hungry!

Justin took a few pictures of us and then we said goodbye again. I feel like we say goodbye a lot! Immediately after leaving her I felt the energy drain from my body. I still feel weaker without her by my side. Who knew I could become so attached to this other person, that I don't feel like myself without her. God really knows what he's doing! I love my girl so much! I really miss her!

The rest of the day was spent on a mad dash to Nairobi. The shuttle ride was fine - got to Nairobi around 4:14p.m. Julius met me at the stage and then we sat in a Nairobi jam trying to get to Upper Hill to Amina's office. I picked what I needed from Amina and then we went to David's house to pick the bag of stuff I needed to bring to Grace's and then back to Wawira's to quick repack for 3 days in Ngong. Julius decided I needed to meet his workmates also... was very tired and don't know that I made the greatest impression. Arrived in Ngong after 7 p.m. Grace and John had also just arrived home so we made tea and then dinner, so it was after 9 p.m. when we finally ate dinner.

Sweet sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment