Friday, January 8, 2010

5 days to bliss

So bliss is a strong word... Kenya is after all a developing country, but I can't begin to explain how my body and soul physically react to being... home. Hey, I know I'm white and I really have no business calling Kenya my second home... but there is really no other way to describe the sensation of being there.

For those of you who haven't followed my blog in previous years... you can check out the archive of blogs from previous trips at http://360.yahoo.com/jjhasslen

I don't have any idea how often I'll be able to blog on this trip, as I don't have a set itinerary at this point... or for that matter a place to sleep when I arrive. But I do have faith that between my God and my Kenya family - something will materialize.

First things first! I have not finished cleaning out my office at the church. FYI - Never leave a job and plan/pack for a trip to Africa at the same time. There are not enough separate comparments in my brain to hold all the small yet very necessary details for both ventures.

Peace and Blessings to all my St. Cloud friends! See you in about 6 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment