Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Day 3?

I left home on Monday... it's Thursday and I'm already confused as to what day it is and what day I'm going where...
Not knowing where you're going to sleep that night when you get up in the morning would be disconcerning but somehow it always works out so I've ceased to spend much time worrying about it. Yesterday for instance, we ended up in the same guest house as Ryan, the new director for GUW. Ryan, Judie and I were the only guests there last night. It was quite nice.
Judie and I will be traveling to Baraka House this afternoon. It is a home for girls whose parents have died of AIDS. We will spend the night there and be there most of the day Saturday and then head to Embu to another orphanage that is run by a Kenyan man I met in the Amsterdam airport a few years ago. And then it's on to Meru.
I think Meru is the next time I will be able to access email.
Judie still doesn't know which high school she is going to be called to. She is on pins and needles agonizing about it. The headmistress from her elementary school - who took care of her during most of this past holiday school break - is going to go with us to get her settled at school. Which is a huge relief for both of us.
I am still fighting a nasty cold that has now been compounded by my physical adversion to the pollution that hangs heavily in the Nairobi air. I'm excited to head for the mountains and the clean air that comes along with it!!!
Well Ryan is done with his emailing so I'm going to cut this short and go join him. We have already checked out of rooms at the guesthouse - so we have a long day of hanging out ahead of us, before going our separate ways this afternoon.
Peace!
Jessica
aka Maks

No comments:

Post a Comment